The Four Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Four Nations

Set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but a few decades before the Hundred Year War broke out. This is during Roku's days as the Avatar, while he was in his early 20s.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Four Nations!
See here for breaking news
Enjoy the No Character Limit while you can!
Fire Nation is best nation
<-- That's a lie and he knows it

Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dew

Dew

Yuan : 8492

Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open Empty
PostSubject: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 5:05 pm

It wasn't often that Kato got to sit down and rest. He was always training to be in the Water Tribe army for the North, which was a big deal since they were the bigger of the two tribes. Kato wasn't particularly skilled or gifted, he just loved having something to do, so when he had time to himself, he was often found still training and honing his skills.

Where one would find him now was tucked in a corner alley between two, tightly packed buildings, trying to think through a complicated rigged prank. He didn't so this very often, it wasn't really his style, but he did like the thinking it allowed him and the time to really decide how something worked. And it was always rather entertaining to see his projects in action.

Currently he was working on rigging a bucket trap without the door. It was a common prank, but no one could simply drop a bucket from nowhere. Unless you were a waterbender. Kato, being just that, had bended the snow into a tightly packed, two gallon bucket that would allow a whole bunch of water to douse whoever walked under it. As he moved his arms in a rhythm, the bucket lifted off the ground and he suspended it on an outcropping bridge above the walkway near the water. He fastened a rope made of well packed snow to its bottom and then wound this rope down the wall, across the sidewalk, and into the water. It was virtually impossible to see. The only hitch was he wasn't sure how well the rope would work. While being bended, it worked smoothly, but without him commanding the water, there was no knowing how it would hold up.

Standing back in the alley, hidden by a bended lump of snow made to look like some kind of cast off, he watched through a little window in his pile to watch the first victim test it.
Back to top Go down
Deep

Deep

Yuan : 8459

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 10:09 am

Kenna backed away through the alley she had just ran towards, her teeth bared at the bunch of boys trying to corner her. She was conscious that, behind her, towards the other exit of the valley, two boys were giggling with mischief in the their tone, ready to pounce of her, thinking she was just stupid enough not to notice them. She fixed her attention on the two boys advancing on her from behind. She hated those gangs of non-benders, who had gotten a taste of harassing her, a lonely, fifteen year-old waterbender girl. "I'm warning you! Leave me alone!" she snapped at them, just to be answered by their even more enthusiastic giggles. She walked backwards, thinking about any way to escape, but it didn't seem to ring a bell.

She heard a clicking sound and immediately looked up, hoping they haven't had the lunacy to send a boy to leap on her from the roofs, which they hadn't. But a torrent of water was going of quickly towards her, and she only had time to lift her hands up, stopping the water right above her. She opened her eyes, eyes she had only now realized she had closed as waiting for getting wet, and they lighted up with happiness as she saw the wide mouth of the boys. She send her right arm forward, half of the water hurtling over the two boys in front of her, washing them away, and her left arm backward, the other half splashing in the boys advancing from behind, sending them away crying out in surprise as well. She drooped her arms around her body after a few seconds of freezing there with her right arm forwards and her eft one backwards, and she let herself tumble in the snow, breathing heavily and smiling, her eyes half shielded by her eyeslids.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Kato had expected someone to come by at some point. Though the alley wasn't frequented, the sidewalk was common for those who knew it was there. But what he hadn't expected was to watch some girl being cornered. Naturally, he didn't butt in. It wasn't his place to mess with something like this, especially because there was no right side unless he knew what was happening. As a neutral party, he sat and watched the events unfold from the tunnel visioned snow pile he as hiding behind. All he cared about was that the bucket worked. And it looked like, if it did, the girl would be getting the brunt of it.

Oh, poo. Kato watched as the girl managed to stop the water from hitting her but instead used it so throw her attackers off balance. Well, at least he knew it worked. With a sigh he stood from his spot and neared her, not concerned to know if she was okay or anything. "You know, it's against tribe rules to use bending as a weapon, seeing as you're a girl." Kato said, lazily folding his arms across his chest and stopping between the two buildings that created the alleyway.
Back to top Go down
Deep

Deep

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 7:26 am

Kenna pushed her hair back from her forehead and breathed out in relief as she noticed her attackers were gone. Everything was currently good, well not judging the boy that seemed to materialize behind her. She turned her head quickly, her blonde ponytail whipping around her, and looked up at him with her dark-blue eyes. Oh, look he seemed more concerned about the rules. Not that she needed his help, but she honestly hasn't seen such a moron in a long time. She pushed herself up, making herself stand face to face with the stranger.

"I'm okay, thanks for the concern." she hissed at him, squinting with annoyance. "And should I have trusted that you would have chased the boys off and stop the water?" she said, lifting her eyebrows and glaring at him with boredom. "No, thanks." she answered her own question.
Back to top Go down
Kestrel

Kestrel

Yuan : 8462

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 pm

"No need to be so rude."Ahgile closed her journal as she rounded the corner. Her fur coat covered her ears, b ut her blonde hair poked out of it and down her chest. Her blue eyes eyed the girl as well as the boy. The male was cutish, but the girl seemed like an annoying water hose. With an eye roll, she placed her journal into her leather sideback and idly stroked her small fingers through her soft hair.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Kato had meant to startle the girl, he realized this as he watched her whip around satisfyingly quickly. It was amusing, seeing her startled, since she had been so confronted before. Normally Kato was nicer than this, that was usually how it was. But this girl had ruined the prank part of this experiment and it disgruntled him a bit. As he walked closer, he listened for the sound of nothing, gathering in the information of the slightly less packed snow beneath his feet, the water running in the canal behind the girl, and the soft whistle of the wind by his ears. It was quiet in this back alleyway. That was why Kato loved it so much back here. Sadly, it had to be interrupted by some louder, noisier people. Still, this girl seemed like a decent person, he just hadn't known the story behind her being attacked by the boys he had seen. Maybe he would ask them later, he knew some of the faces he had seen and knew they wouldn't mind talking, even if the story was likely going to be very biased. Kato was still curious to know what it was.

Raising and eyebrow at her harsh words, Kato stopped where he was, feeling his distance from her close enough. Obviously she was okay, she didn't appear injured at all. Why would he have needed to ask if she was alright? Kato wasn't concerned at all because outwardly, she looked fine. Not harmed, not wet (sadly), just fine. Her breathing was a little fast and she looked angry, but Kato didn't see that as a bad thing. That meant she was probably better than ever, likely filled with adrenaline she could use to run a mile. Or something of a similar distance. Tilting his head sideways like a curious puppy, he tried to make sense of what she was saying. "You didn't even know I was watching." He stated simply, not sounding angry or happy, bored or interested. It was a simple fact that she couldn't have even sarcastically trusted him to help because she hadn't known he was there. It was silly, really, how these things never seemed to cross other people's minds.

And yes, the male Northern Water Tribe member was more concerned with the rules. It was forbidden for women to learn fighting with water, the men were the only ones to fight. Despite being open minded and accepting of most new concepts and ideas, this was one Kato didn't understand. The women were never in any danger than required fighting skills, but this girl clearly knew how to at least throw water around powerfully enough to knock some guys off balance. Looking down at her he awaited her response when someone else showed up. Where had she come from? Had she been there the whole time? No, she hadn't, Kato had been there the whole time and it was only ever him until the fiery one had shown up. Turning to look at her he put on the same curious face he had worn when trying to puzzle out Kenna's words.

"Who are you talking to?" It was purely out of curiosity, nothing menacing or annoyed about the words. He just wanted to know if she thought Kenna was being rude or he was. Because he was pretty sure he was being right. Shuffling his weight in the snow he turned his body slightly toward the other girl and slightly toward the first girl so he was facing both of them. This was interesting, not what he had expected out of his experiment, but it wasn't bad. Neither of them had seen him set up the prank, not that it had ended up as a prank, so he was in safe waters and now was only occupied by discussing whatever it was Kenna wanted to discuss. Oh, and the other girl. She seemed to have some things to say as well.
Back to top Go down
Deep

Deep

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 5:12 am

Kenna brushed bits of snow from her clothing, turning away from the boy and leaning onto one of the walls of the narrow alley. It wasn't much of a change, actually, since she was still rather close and all, but at least she could rest a little, judging by the fact she had ran the whole city before she managed to make them boys run off. She breathed out heavily and watched her own breath in the form of steam float and disappear before her eyes.

"Oh, and I'm very sure that if the boys would have caught me, soaked in water and stunned, you would have jumped to aid me?" she said in a rather milder tone, tho it was just sarcasm to be heard, matching her arched eyebrows and bored face.
Back to top Go down
Kestrel

Kestrel

Yuan : 8462

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 5:29 pm

"The girl." Ahgile said simply, rolling her eyes again and adjusting her bag. "Little girls who act like they know everything annoy me." Her hand brushed the blonde hair that had fallen over her eyes. Raising her eyebrow, the Waterbender gazed at the younger girl, ignoring her angry comment. "People like you better if you're nicer."
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Shuffling his weight around, probably for the billionth time, Kato listened to what she said. He was cool and collected the whole time, easily able to handle himself around hot heads like her. Kato lived with several younger siblings who all had fiery personalities and he had grown up the quiet one. He calculated every move he made in his head before actually doing anything, in case one of them would result in him getting into trouble. Plus, he didn't like anger or annoyance or other emotions related to that because they provoked unclear heads and mindless action. Kato liked having a clear head and being able to act how he saw fit. Plus, he was willing to accept anything anyone said, even if they yelled it in his face. It was a well trained skill that he was not going to lose hold on in a single day. His prank had worked, he just needed to find a victim who wasn't going to stop the water before it hit them on the head.

Kato shrugged at her sarcastic comment. "I would have come out to see what the problem was. If their attacking you was within reason, I would see about getting the elders to figure out what to do about you. If it wasn't, then I would find a way to get them to back off." Without fighting, he refrained from adding. Fighting showed that the interaction effected him emotionally, and Kato lived to look emotionally detached. Sure, he was happy and content and could be seen laughing and occasionally frowning. To the public eye was a bored looking kid with a generally good air about him, but to most he was too neutral, needing to think more about what he wanted. None of them understood that this was what he wanted. Neutrality was a skill useful to battle and every day life and Kato had basically perfected it.

The other girl seemed invisible to the first girl. She hadn't acknowledged her presence so far, but it might have been tunnel vision because she was so angry with Kato. Whatever the case, Kato clicked his tongue at the second girl and made a curious face. "I agree she should be nicer, but I don't think that's the way to go about it. Plus, I don't think she ever said anything that implied she thinks she knows everything." Kato commented, his tone remaining level and neutral. He wasn't defending the first girl, he was just contradicting a few of the things the second girl said. He was on netural ground and if they took it as otherwise they weren't listening carefully enough. But, that was really up to them. Kato couldn't control what they did, just what he did.
Back to top Go down
Deep

Deep

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:47 pm

"Yeah, you could have saved the day. Anyways..." shesaid lifting her hands at a level with her head and shrugged. "Let's face it, little goof-balls deserved the smack." she said and giggled at the memory of their expression as they sighted the torents of water spilling towards them, washing them away.

At the girls comment and the boy's polite, cold and mature response, Kenna couldv'e easily popped right out of her place and start screaming. But she simply frowned and moved away from the spot she had been leaning on one of the wall. "I am fifteen, thanks for the concern of my age before saying I'm little. Now, I don't suppose you two will keep on arguing about my attitude. It's like I had parents." she said, rolling her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open   Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice, perfection, and pranks! l Open
Page 1 of 1